How to View Posts on Facebook News Feed in Most Recent order
Facebook is one of the most popular social media apps. It provides you with multiple features such as providing instant communication, enabling sharing of media files, promoting multi-player gaming, and helping your career with Marketplace and job alerts.
Facebook’s News Feed feature provides you with updates from your friends, pages you have liked, and suggestive videos. But sometimes it becomes difficult to find the most recent posts on Facebook. Most users are unaware that they can view posts in the most recent order or don’t know how to. If you are someone looking for tips about the same, we are here with a helpful guide using which you can sort your Facebook feed in the most recent order.
How to View Posts on Facebook News Feed in Most Recent Order
Why sort Facebook News Feed in the most recent order?
Facebook is the place to find & connect with people & similar interests. Based on your past preferences, you may also get recommendations from Facebook. For instance, if you recently watched a video of dogs on Facebook, similar suggestion videos may appear in your News Feed from pages you don’t even follow. Because of this, you might miss important updates from people that are close to you. Hence, it has now become necessary to sort the Facebook feed by most recent. This will help you get necessary recent updates from your friends and family on the top of your News Feed.
Now that you have got a fair idea about the ‘why’ part of sorting News Feed, let us now discuss the steps involved in sorting your Facebook news feed in ‘newest to oldest’ order:
Method 1: On Android & iPhone devices
1. Launch the “Facebook” application, Sign-in using your credentials, and tap on the “three-dash” menu from the top menu bar.
2. Scroll down and tap on the “See more” option to access more options.
3. From the list of available options, tap on the “Most recent” option.
This option will take you back to the News Feed, but this time, your News Feed will be sorted by most recent posts on the top of your screen.
Method 2: On Laptop or PC (Web View)
1. Go to the Facebook website and sign-in using your credentials.
2. Now, tap on the “See more” option available in the News Feed page’s left panel.
3. Finally, tap on the “Most recent” option to sort your News Feed in the most recent order.
The above-mentioned methods should have solved your query to view Posts on Facebook News Feed in Most Recent order. If not, then try the below shortcut method.
Also Read: How To Fix Facebook Dating Is Not Working
Method 3: Shortcut Method
1. Type “Most recent” in the search bar. It will take you to Facebook shortcuts.
2. Tap on the “Most Recent” option. Your News Feed will be sorted in the most recent order.
How to Restrict Posts from a Particular User on your Facebook News Feed?
You can also restrict posts that pop-up on your Facebook News Feed. This will help you remove unwanted posts from people or pages.
1. Tap on the “Name” of the person you wish to restrict from your News Feed.
2. After reaching their profile, tap on the “Contact” icon below their profile picture.
3. Next, tap on the “Unfollow” option from the list of available options. This option will restrict their posts from your News Feed.
You can restrict posts from a particular page by following the given steps:
1. Tap on the “Page name” you wish to restrict from your News Feed.
2. Tap on the “Like” button to unlike the page and restrict future posts from this page on your News Feed.
Note: Each time you exit the app & use it again, it will sort the feed according to the “Trending Mode”.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1. How do I get my Facebook News Feed in chronological order?
You can get your Facebook News Feed in chronological order by tapping on the “three-dashed” menu on the top menu bar of Facebook, followed by the “See more” option. Finally, tap on the “Most recent” option from the list of available options.
Q2. Why is my Facebook not showing the most recent posts?
Facebook provides you with trending posts or videos on top by default. However, you can change this order by selecting the “Most recent” option on Facebook.
Q3. Can you make “Most recent” the default order for your Facebook News Feed?
No, there is no option to make “Most recent” the default order for your Facebook News Feed. It is because Facebook’s algorithm focuses on showing trending posts and videos at the top. So, you will have to manually tap on the “Most recent” option from the menu to sort your Facebook News Feed. This will constantly refresh your News Feed as per the recent posts.
- How to Start a Secret Conversation on Facebook Messenger
- How to Recover Deleted Photos from Facebook Messenger
- 3 Ways to Block YouTube Ads on Android
- Change Your Name, Phone Number and Other Info in Google Account
We hope that this guide was helpful and you were able to sort Facebook News Feed in most recent order. It would be greatly appreciated if you share your valuable feedback in the comments section.