How To Disable Sound In Chrome (Android)
One of the best things to happen to the internet is Google Chrome. Equipped with various features it comes pre-installed on Android phones. With more than a billion downloads on the Google Play Store, there are numerous questions that people usually come up with when it comes to using this platform. People struggle with problems ranging from enabling dark mode to disabling sound in Chrome in Android. So, in this article, we will be showing you how to disable sound in Chrome on Android.
There are times when a user could be working on something important, and then some advertisement or a video auto-plays on its own in the background. There are also situations where a user wants to mute the app to play music or some other sound in the background. We are here to tell you the steps to enable or disable sound access to Chrome (Android).
How To Disable Sound In Chrome On Android
So what should one do to get rid of this irksome sound? The first option is (obviously) to lower the volume. It is not practical to do so every time you open the browser to surf the internet. Sometimes when you close the tab playing the sound, it prompts a pop-up window where there’s another sound playing. But there are far better options than simply closing the media or decreasing the volume. Here are some simple steps that you can quickly turn off Sound in Chrome:
Muting a Website Sound on the Chrome App
This feature mutes the entire Chrome application , i.e., all of the sounds on it get muted. This means that no audio will be heard when the browser is opened. You might think, Misson accomplished! but there’s a catch. Once you implement this feature, all the sites that you are currently running will be muted and in the future, too, until you reset this setting. So, these are steps that you should follow to disable sound in Chrome:
1. Launch Google Chrome on your Smartphone and open the site you want to Mute then tap on the three dots on the top right corner.
2. A menu will pop up, tap on ‘Settings’ options.
3. The ‘Settings’ option will lead to another menu wherein you are supposed to tap on ‘Site Settings’.
4. Now, under Site settings, open the ‘Sound’ section and turn on the toggle for Sound. Google will switch off the sound in the respective site.
Doing this will mute the website that you have opened in your browser. Hence, the method stated above is the answer to your question on how to disable sound in Chrome mobile app.
Unmuting the Same Website
In case you want to unmute the same website after a certain period, it can be achieved pretty easily. You have to retrace the steps mentioned above. In case you skipped the above section, here are the steps again:
1. Open the browser on your mobile and go to the site which you want to unmute.
2. Now, tap on the three dots in the top right corner.
3. Enter the ‘Settings’ option and from thereon, go to the Site Settings.
4. From here, you need to look for the ‘Sound’ option, and when you tap on it, you will enter another Sound menu.
5. Here, turn off the toggle for Sound to unmute the website. Now you can hear all the sounds that are played on the application.
After executing these steps, you can easily unmute the site that you muted a while ago. There is another common problem that some users face.
When You Want to Mute All Sites at Once
If you want to mute your entire browser, i.e., all sites at once, you can do so in an effortless way. Here are the steps to follow:
1. Open the Chrome application and tap on the three dots in the top right corner.
2. Now tap on ‘Settings’ then ‘Site Settings’.
3. Under Site settings, tap on ‘Sound’ and turn on the toggle for Sound, and that’s it!
Now, if you want to add specific URLs that do not disturb you when you’re working, this is where Chrome has another functionality available for you.
NOTE: When you reach the fifth step in the above method, go to the ‘Add Site Exception’. In this, you can add a URL of a website. You can add more websites to this list, and hence, these websites will be excluded from the sound blockage.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1. How do I mute Chrome on Android?
Go to Settings > Site Settings > Sound, and turn on the toggle for Sound in Chrome. This feature helps to mute the particular site from playing audio.
Q2. How do I stop Google Chrome from playing sound?
Head to the menu and tap on Settings from the list. Tap the on Site Settings option by scrolling down the list. Now, tap on the Sound tab, which by default is set to Allowed. Please turn it off to disable the audio.
- How To Move Chrome Address Bar To Bottom Of Your Screen
- Fix Chrome Needs Storage Access Error on Android
- How to Allow Camera Access on Snapchat
- Fix Instagram won’t let me follow anyone issue
We hope that this guide was helpful and you were able to disable sound in Chrome. If you still have any queries regarding this article, then feel free to ask them in the comments section.